This project is framed in a context of uncertainty in the rural areas of the SUDOE space, in the agricultural sector specially. This uncertainty is caused by the competitiveness loss and giving the agricultural activity up in lot of areas because of problems related with the water shortage and the rise in natural risks (as droughts), whose negative effects exceed agricultural sector and extend to problems of potable water availability and rural population keeping, environmental damages and social conflicts between the same resource users. On the other side, the presence of I+D in the agricultural sector is still scarce and very fragmented, so it represents a threat to the sector survival. This problem is able to be tackle on the whole with actions which all the stakeholders take part, from Administration to producers and the field of researching.
TELERIEG partners have been cooperating in projects related with this issue since long time, being the PRECIRIEG Project (SUDOE) the most recent example. This current project emanates from its activity and results, which expects facing up the necessity of improving the efficiency in the natural resources management, adapting the economical activities to more rational resources management (improving the competitiveness) and also improving the management capacity of the economical and social agents and the Administration, related with the data collection and analysis and the decision-making.
Association Climatologique de la Moyenne-Garonne et du Sud-Ouest - France
Source of funding
: Interreg IV - Sudoe
Programme and Contact references
: 1,00 €
- Association Nationale des Producteurs de Noisette - France
- Institut de recherche pour l'ingénierie de l'agriculture et de l'environnement - France
- Centro Internacional de Altos Estudios Agronómicos Mediterráneos - Spain
- Centro Operativo e de Tecnologia de Regadio - Portugal
- Instituto Murciano de Investigación y Desarrollo Agrario y Alimentario - Spain
- Instituto de Investigación y Tecnología Agroalimentarias - Spain
- Instituto Superior de Agronomía - Portugal
- Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Agrarias - Spain