The FORESTERRA International Project "Enhancing FOrest RESearch in the MediTERRAnean through improved coordination and integration", project number 291832, is part of the ERA-NETinitiative. FORESTERRA aims to reinforce the scientific coordination and integration of Mediterranean forest research programmes as well as scientific cooperation with Mediterranean-area countries (including EU and non-EU member states) and with countries from other Mediterranean Climate Areas (MCA) in this case, Australia, South Africa, Chile and California.
This project, which started in January 2012 and will finish in December 2015, is part of the 7th Research Framework Programme, and has a European contribution of 1,997,795.00 Euros.
FORESTERRA has partners from twelve countries: Spain, France, Italy, Turkey, Portugal, Tunisia, Morocco, Bulgaria, Slovenia, Croatia, Greece and Algeria, as well as two international institutions, the European Forest Institute (EFI) and the International Centre for Advanced Mediterranean Agronomic Studies (CIHEAM).
Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness MINECO - Spain
Source of funding
: the European Union under the FP7 Framework Programme for research
Programme and Contact references
: 1,00 €
- Mediterranean Agronomic Institute of Zaragoza - International Centre for Advanced Mediterranean Agronomic Studies IAMZ-CIHEAM - Spain
- Ministère de l'Agriculture, de l'Agroalimentaire et de la Forêt MAAF - France
- Ministero delle Politiche Agricole Alimentari e Forestali MIPAAF - Italy
- Ministry of Forest and Water Affairs, General Directorate of Forestry, Southwest Anatolia Forest Research Institute SAFRI - Turkey
- European Forest Institute EFIMED Secretariat - France
- Consiglio per la Ricerca e Sperimentazione in Agricoltura CRA - Italy
- Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique INRA - France
- Fundaêao para a Ciência e a Tecnologia FCT - Portugal
- Institution de la Recherche et de l'Enseignement Supérieur Agricoles IRESA - Tunisia
- Haut Commissariat aux Eaux et Fôrets et à la Lutte Contre la Désertification HCEFLCD - Morocco
- Executive Forest Agency at the Ministry of Agriculture and Foods EFA - Bulgaria
- Ministry of Agriculture and the Environment MAE - Slovenia
- Ministarstvo Znanosti Obrazovanja l Sporta MZOS - Croatia
- Ministry of Environment Energy and Climate Change MEEC - Greece
- Ministère de l'Agriculture et du Developpement Rural, Institut National de Recherche Forestière INRF - Algeria
- Ecosystemes Forestiers ECOFOR - France